Saturday, August 28, 2010

Baking Soda and a Viral Foot Infection - Natural Remedies from Childhood

I've been using natural remedies for as long as I could remember thanks to my grandmother. I remember having a foot infection when I was a child that the doctor's could barely diagnose. They did - I had a viral infection. They didn't give me anything for it and told my parents to wait it out.
I didn't like that, and neither did my grandmother.

So, she decided to try doing a foot bath in warm water with some baking soda dissolved in it.
If I knew how to cuss (well actually I did, but maybe I'll talk more about that later, lol) I would probably have said, "Well I'll be damned". One foot bath was all it took. My foot was all better - well at least I could walk and eventually the infection did clear in full.

I've had little moments like this through my life thanks to my loved ones and the way they share their remedies and information with me. I'll share them all. This blog is highly personal and will also be very helpful. I'm an herbalist after all and I've been studying herbs and natural remedies pretty much all my life.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment