Saturday, August 28, 2010

Baking Soda Cures - What is it Good For?

In my last post I talked about baking soda and how it helped relieve the inflammation in my foot when I had a viral infection which enabled me to walk. Eventually the infection cleared because of my immune system, but I had to be carried around before the baking soda foot bath kicked in. Even at five this was fairly humiliating.


So I thought I would take some time to talk about baking soda and how you can use it as a natural remedy.


For Inflammation and Pain

The main way I use baking soda is to help relieve inflammation and pain. My favorite way to use it is to either put it in a foot bath (a few tablespoons) or in my bath water. It is a relaxing soak and I find that even though the warm water helps soak away soreness, the baking soda seems to enhance that action.

To Remove Buildup in Hair

Another way I like to use it is to help remove build up. Conditioner, dirt, chlorine, and styling products can clog up your hair shaft and make your hair look dull. Baking soda is a natural fix for this. If you feel that your hair needs a boost or that you have some impurities to get rid of on your scalp or in your hair, just mix a half a teaspoon of baking soda in with your shampoo and shampoo and rinse as usual. You can do this as often as you need to.


For Your Teeth

People have been known to use baking soda as a tooth polish but nowadays, there isn't really a need to do this. Natural toothpaste brands incorporate baking soda in their products as well as other ingredients that help your teeth. However, baking soda is good to use in a pinch. 
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment